Tosha Bailey, Owner
Hello & Welcome to The Mix!
So, you came here to learn a little more about me. First know that while I take what I do very seriously, I don't take myself that seriously. I consider myself witty with a side of corny! HA!
Here's a little more about me:
- In spite of having healthy, fit and active parents I hated exercise and didn't start working out regularly until my senior year of college when my best friend got me out of the house to run during a dark time of my life.
- My folks tried to get me involved with sports (softball & basketball) when I was younger and I was HORRIBLE! I can't throw, catch, hit a ball or shoot a layup (still). However, I can hit a good amount of 3-point shots (go figure).
- I have completed 1 marathon (and will never do another), countless 5k's 10k's and half marathons, multiple triathlons, 1 Tough Mudder and 6 shorter obstacle races!
- I now don't like to run long distances, but like to do 30min circuit training with heavy weights.
- My favorite music to listen to while working out is rock and ratchet hip hop! LOL!
- My favorite exercises are deadlifts and cleans.
- I didn't learn how to cook real food (I thought Velveeta shells & cheese, canned green beans and Morningstar Farms "chik'n" nuggets was a healthy meal) until I was around 27.
- I looooove sweets and have an unhealthy obsession with double doozie cookies, sugar cookies with M&Ms and Robin Eggs.
- I learned how to really cook by watching Rachel Ray's 30min meals.
- I was vegetarian for 12 years (a horrible one. More of a carb, sugar & cheese-atarian).
- I am a proud (sometimes embarrassingly so) University of Florida grad!
- I loooove scary movies and murder mystery books (I blame my mom for this one!)
- My undergrad was in Forensic Anthropology w/a minor in Criminology. My final exam for Osteology consisted of bone fragments that could fit into a small box. I had to identify if the bones were human or non-human, the bone itself, the side of the body it came from and in some cases whether it belonged to a male or female. I got an A!
- I am obsessed with researching about foods, exercise science, movement and the human body. I don't repeat anything or say anything that I can't back with science (multiple studies) and personal or multiple client experience. I actually read science and nutrition journals for fun.
- I started personal training after college while applying to graduate schools so that I didn't have to pay for a gym membership.
- I planned to only stay in the fitness industry for a year. It's been 13! I decided to stay in fitness after seeing how being proactive with fitness & nutrition could change lives and help people avoid most diseases and medications.
I have been on the other side. I didn't compete in sports all of my life.
I know what it's like to not want to workout and veg out on the sofa or sleep in instead.
I know what it's like to have cravings, distain dieting, starvation, and desire not so healthy foods.
I also know what type of mindset shifts it takes to be your best self and healthy for life!
I teach you how to cook meals that are quick, healthy and delicious; yet look and taste sinful.
I coach you on how to include your favorite foods and drinks without doing harm to your goals.
I teach you how to efficiently work your body so that you can get the body you want with only 30min sessions!
I am there for you every step of the way giving you the encouragement you need during your great days, as well as coaching and support during the more challenging days!
You are no longer alone!
My coaching style is straightforward yet fun (we will laugh a lot). I push you a little each time so that you reach goals and milestones you may have not thought possible as you become your best self! I meet you where you are and coach you to where you want to be!
I am an honors graduate of the University of Florida and also have diverse certifications and experience to ensure proper education to help you reach your goals quickly and safely.
I have certifications through NASM (Certified Personal Trainer), TRX (level 1), American Red Cross (CPR/First Aid), New Leaf (Metabolic Specialist), SCW (Lifestyle and Behavior Coaching) and NESTA (Certified Personal Fitness Chef). I also have extensive experience in corrective exercise, post physical therapy exercise & soft tissue release. I am also currently working on another nutrition certification through Precision Nutrition.
I have been an article contributor for Jezebel/Modern Luxury Magazine and am also the Nutrition Expert for V-103's Get Fit & Be Healthy Campaign!